Kobatek 350 is a basic coated electrode used for welding martensitic and martensitic-ferritic type steels.
It exhibits high corrosion resistance to water, vapor and salt water. A preheating of 100-200°C should be applied for thick sectioned parts. Interpass temperature should be constant.
Weld beads are smooth and the slag is easy to remove.
Mechanical Properties, Typical, All Weld Metal
|Yield Strength||:||70 – 80||(kg/mm²)|
|Tensile Strength||:||90 – 110||(kg/mm²)|
|Elongation (L=5d)||:||10 -15||(%)|
|Hardness||:||38 – 40||(HRC)|
|Impact Value (ISO-V)
Annealing temperature for stress relief is 550-600°C
Approvals and Certificates
It is particulary used for the protection of 12-15% Cr and 4% Ni containing steels against corrosion.
- Water turbines and compressors
- Pelton, Francis turbine rotors
- Kaplan turbine blades
- Valves used in gas, vapor and water pipelines operating under service temperatures up to 450°C
- Erosive and corrosive attacks caused by sea water
- Welding of X4 CrNi 13 4 and G-X5 CrNi 13 4 (1.4343) steels.
Welding Parameters / Packing and Diameter Informations
Current Type and Polarity : DC (+)
|Diameter x Length
|3.25 x 350
||90 – 120||5|
|4.00 x 350
||120 – 170||5|